Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Light touch


 As I've gotten older I have slowed down and definitely don't get as much done with each drawing as I used to.  Some of that is due to my eyes now relying on trifocals and I also seem to get too focused on an area.  Well, I think it's time to embrace my failings and turn them (as best I can) into strengths.  I decided to focus on a smaller area with little or no regard to the rest of the figure.  I laid down some exploratory lines and just left them.  I could have done without the neck but I dropped that in last moment and it kind of ruined things.  However, a first step to possibly making better drawings rather than trying to cram too much in just for the sake of getting  the whole figure in.  I used to do a lot more of these small, focused sketches but now I think I need to.  Just a fact of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment