Saturday, November 28, 2009

Perchance to dream

Another similar pose to Wednesdays.  The same reasons apply as to why I like these poses, the weight of the figure collapsing in upon itself creating shapes and that are not readily drawn from memory.  I'm told that much of what artists put down on paper or canvas is easily identifiable imagery.  Do we actually render the shape in front of us or do we rely on icons to form our drawing?  I know that I often render an ear as I think an ear should be.  When I stop to really look at the ear I'm drawing I get lost in the uniqueness of what I'm seeing.  I know that I do this to make the most use of the time I have (usually only ten minutes) so I fall back on familiar images.  Perhaps I will try to be more faithful and get less of a complete drawing done the next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment