Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Drape

Another headless figure. Another back shot. Another typical effort from yours truly. Good enough but not what I hope for whenever I pick up a chunk of charcoal or a stick of conté.
I tend to blame my mood, my paper, lack of time or any number of other reasons for my unsatisfactory images. Truth is, I need to put myself into each drawing, painting, illustration and leave nothing out. If I have five minutes for a pose, I need to make each mark count. I realize that with the coming of the new year this sounds like a resolution but I think about this nearly every day. I tend to throw out the mantra "Every day is the first day of the rest of my life" and I believe it. It just gets hard, for whatever reason, to maintain the intensity required.
But hey, you don't check in on this blog to hear a lot of whining and midlife soul searching. I'll post another drawing tomorrow. Thanks for following, whoever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment