Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hoping to keep it going


This was the last drawing from last Thursday.  There is more energy to this one and a lot more to the pose, giving us more spatial problems to solve.  I really enjoyed this drawing and found it a very satisfactory way to end the evening.  I know I haven't really explored the images themselves in much depth but for me this was more about getting back into the groove and the grouping represents a change in mindset and focus.  I'm not sure about anyone else but if I don't have the proper attitude I just can't produce anything worth a spit.  Oh, sure, sometimes the drawings somehow turn out well enough but I often go back and realize that they could have been so much more.  Whether the line work has no style or is too heavy or I end up doodling in one area longer than I should, I can tell how my mood was and that informs my opinion of the finished piece.  I'll try to be more impassive with this next set of drawings.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment