Saturday, October 3, 2009

Warming up


These were the first couple of efforts of the night and I still hadn't found my groove.  The back shot had the most going for it but I wasn't able to account for the subtle shifting of the model, an occurrence that happens with any pose requiring a twist to the torso.  By the time my brain engaged I realized that all I had to do was move the easel slightly but I had already placed darks and the left arm and... well, I had already screwed up.  The full figure sketch was more of a "measure twice, draw once" kind of problem.  It was the first drawing of the night and I leaped before I looked.  They did get better as the night went on, I promise.  Especially when I decided to make a return to a different drawing medium.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment