Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Better, me thinks

This drawing was starting to come together and I had high hopes for it when, you guessed it, that dreaded timer dashed my hopes and dreams for this sketch.  At least this time I got the face in as well as most of the figure.  You may have noticed that often I leave the legs off or just indicate them.  I think this is a semi conscious decision based on time.  I began to work on the core shadows a bit late it seems but I wanted to get the feeling of weight into the piece.  With her head pulled back and the shoulders hunched and the arms resting on the bar, I find the top portion of the drawing the most interesting and it leads into the long gesture curve of the midsection ending in the pelvic area tipping back as a balance to the aforementioned shoulders.  All of this is complimented by the wonderful curve created by the latissimus and hip.  This all contributes to the reason I am sad that time ran out.  This could have turned out beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment