Sunday, September 27, 2009

Just being a lazy @$$


Thanks to my oldest and bestest pal, Russ (illustrator extraordinaire whom you've seen mentioned in these august virtual pages before) I found out that anyone can just mess with your online life and make things tremendously (and ridiculously) difficult.  Let's just say that the genius' that work for and run the domains must idolize Mr. Myxlplyx.  Enough said on that cryptic subject.  
I am not really pleased with the results of last weeks drawing session yet I will post them anyway.  Much of my dismay probably stems from the fact that I hate wasting a good model's poses with mediocre renderings.  I am blaming this on the fact that I missed a week while indulging in Las Vegas so I am a bit rusty (although that is truly stretching it).  Well, here is the second offering from the other night.  I'm not sure what was going through my head but the result was not what I was after.  I became enamored with the hand and I think I was trying too hard to simplify the shapes.  I guess I am going to have to return to the basics such as measuring since I seem to be rushing to the finish.  Back to the Steve Huston article to put my head right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment