Saturday, August 1, 2009

Color Saturday


This sketch is from the first modeling session we had with Amber.  We had our model bail on us about an hour before one of our random Sunday long pose sessions and I was in a bind.  Too late to cancel and none of my other models were available, I called Loren Entz and asked if he knew of anyone and he said he would get back to me.  Sure enough, a couple of minutes later he told me that I should call Amber.  Because it was such short notice we were just happy to have someone sitting for us, so street clothes were fine with us.  She has since become one of our regular models for Thursday nights and in fact came to our rescue for the coming week as well.  In fact, if you check out last Wednesday's post, the image is one of her.  Thanks, Amber.
As for the painting itself, I was using a pre gessoed board that was like painting on grease.  No tooth and the paint just slid everywhere.  Frustrating.  Never again with that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment