Saturday, August 29, 2009

Not so successful


Let's look at one of the "oops" drawings, shall we?  If you look close you will see the angle of the right leg was off considerably which threw off the left leg, the buttocks, and even the upper body.  I proceeded, foolishly, with many aspects of the drawing before going back and forcing the correct placement of the leg onto the sketch.  By now I knew the piece was a lost cause and I began to just play with it.  I gave the upper body short attention and it shows in the lack of development of the right arm and the inaccurate positioning to the spine.  Which led to poor rendering of the scapula and muscle relationships.  I even threw an obnoxiously dark shadow on the left leg that rivals the black fabric the model was reclining on.  What does all of this mean?  Measure twice, draw once.

No comments:

Post a Comment