Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Influence


This little sketch reminds me of something Jeff Jones might have done.  Not so much in execution but the pose and the large mass of hair.  Jones has long been a strong influence on me and that was cemented over twenty years ago when I was able to meet him* when he had a showing at my school.  I was able to spend hours studying his work during that time and since then I have collected as much material as I can.  The internet provides me with a 21st century second hand store.  Every now and again something pops up that is a 72 dpi gem.
Anyhow, this drawing kind of puts me in a Jones frame of mind.

*Yes, I know he is now a woman via medical science and her own choice, however Jeffrey Catherine Jones was male when we met and when most, if not all, of her most influential work was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment