Monday, August 17, 2009

More introspection

This drawing became about the left shoulder and hand.  I know the darkest dark was placed on the abdomen but that was merely the start of shading when the time ran out.  I was actually mostly fascinated by the manner in which the hand rests on the shoulder.  I put a lot of time into the head and face but moved onto the left side when I saw how graceful the placement of the fingers looked.  As I drew I wanted to get the feeling across without rendering every digit and knuckle, letting the hand merge with the shoulder and collar bone.  I may go back in on this and do the hair properly and clean up the arm.  A little attention to the pillows might go a long way.  As I've stated before, these drawings offer much more to me than a finish, they show the journey and keep me in learning mode, something that I hope never to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment