Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sumpin' diff'rent


I thought I'd put up some gesture drawings for this coming week.  Gestures have become one of my favorite exercises.  Where I used to think of them as just getting the proverbial blood flowing I now look at them as vital pieces to the creative process.  They are ways of getting the eye focused and seeing what is necessary to get a drawing done.  Often I am frustrated (which is a good thing) by a pose being so perfect yet fleeting.  A minute is just not much time to really get into it, which is what it is all about.  Pick your battles, find the line.  Then don't lose the spontaneous energy that you've just experienced when the "real" drawing begins.  I'll try to find some of the better gesture pages I've got.  I hope you enjoy this little trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment