Thursday, August 20, 2009

No Drawing Tonight


For those of you who don't check out the Black Hand Group blog, I'll reiterate the information.  No life drawing at the YAM, Alive at Five is being held at the museum and we don't have the room for this evening.  Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.
Today's drawing is from some time ago, I believe we had just begun our YAM tenure when we had this model.  I have several drawings from her that I really like and I ran across this one last night while compiling some drawings for a client.  I've always been partial to drawings and sketches that have multiple images on them.  Not so much the ones that are designed that way but the ones that show the artist is just playing around and not interested in the finished product.  I think you can ask many an artist and they will often be more interested in the freedom of the sketch or study than the finished piece.  Perhaps I'll put up some of my gesture pages...

No comments:

Post a Comment