Sunday, August 16, 2009

More stuff from inside my head

This drawing gave me the chance to seek the simple shapes and the way they interact with the pillows and blankets that the model had surrounded herself with.  I was struck by the obvious shape of the hip but got more satisfaction out of the design of her left foot and the weight of the legs.  Although this is a fairly common pose I really enjoy drawing from it whenever it's presented.  The strong outline is a natural but if I had been given more time I probably would have opted to lose some edges and develop the face a little more.  But that is why these little sketches are so important.  To learn from each drawing, each pose, each stroke is all you can ask.  Well ,that and a drawing someone else can't live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment